Entering our Second Century of "Serving Youth, Community and Nation."
The Greater El Paso Chapter is raising money to support its Scouting, ROTC/NROTC, and Patriotic Education programs. Our goal is $5,000!! Please help us support the youth of El Paso by donating at:
or you can mail your check to: MOWW Fund Raiser, PO Box 640475, El Paso TX 79904
Hello Companions and greetings to all. I hope all are doing well and hope you had a great Thanksgiving surrounded by your loved ones. This year was better than last years. Our November Patriotic Activities were great and starting to build up again. A big “Thank You” to David Thackston for organizing the school presentations. Lud Bezemek, David Thackston, Raul Garibay, Jerome Tilghman and myself helped out with that. The Veterans Day Parade held downtown was attended by Paula Mitchell, Laura Beltran, Obed Soto, David McCoy, David Thackston, Jerome Tilghman, Rich Moore, Rene Rodela and myself. David Thackston and Jerome Tilghman attended the northeast parade as well.
In other matters, I am soliciting all members to donate to the fundraiser currently in progress, very slow progress. Treasurer Bob Melson, reports that our yearly expenditures to support programs, deplete our bank account a substantial amount. These costs include:
Regional Dues $ 70
Recruiting $ 40
Citizen of the Year $1,629
Total Operating Expenses. $5,818
To offset the expenses, the Chapter receives some income from the Perpetual Membership Endowments. This figure is fixed and varies from year to year.
So, if you all can take a moment and make a donation to the chapter, we can continue to support the programs that the MOWW endorses, mostly oriented for the youth in our communities. The other programs include programs for veterans and leaders within the community that support all of these youth organizations.
Please contact me or one of the other staff members if you have any questions. Our Adjutant Lt. Col. Buck Hamilton, puts out plenty of notices on the website or the newsletter with plenty of information as to how to make these donations or how to contact one of us. Your support will be greatly appreciated and will enable us to continue supporting these organizations. As we pledge in our motto:
‘”IT IS NOBLER TO SERVE THAN TO BE SERVED “
Thank you for your cooperation!
Jesus Beltran, LTC (Ret) USAR
Dear Veterans, Active Service, and Friends:
The Military Order of the World Wars (MOWW) is a patriotic Veterans Service Organization whose motto is “It is nobler to serve than to be served.” MOWW was founded by General of the Armies “Blackjack” Pershing in 1919 to promote good citizenship, patriotic education, and military and public service. MOWW chapters provide opportunities to support patriotic education, ROTC and JROTC, scouting, monuments and memorials, law and order, and national and homeland security programs.
We invite you to visit and become a member of our chapter. Eligibility includes active duty, veterans, retired and former commissioned and warrant officers of the armed forces, public health service officers, and the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.
Our mission is reflected in our Preamble:
- To cherish the memories and associations of the World Wars waged for humanity;
- To inculcate and stimulate love of our country and flag;
- To promote and further patriotic education in our Nation;
- Ever to maintain law and order, and to defend the honor, integrity, and supremacy of our national government and the constitution of the United States;
- To foster fraternal relations among all branches of the armed forces;
- To promote the cultivation of military, naval, and air science and the adoption of a consistent and and suitable policy of national security for the United States of America;
- To acquire and preserve records of individual services;
- To encourage and assist in the holding of commemorations and the establishment of memorials of the World Wars;
- And to transmit all these ideals to posterity, under god and for our country we unite to establish the MILITARY ORDER OF THE WORLD WARS.
Upcoming EventsNo upcoming events found