Dear Veterans, Active Service, and Friends:
The Military Order of the World Wars (MOWW) is a patriotic Veterans Service Organization whose motto is “It is nobler to serve than to be served.” MOWW was founded by General of the Armies “Blackjack” Pershing in 1919 to promote good citizenship, patriotic education, and military and public service. MOWW chapters provide opportunities to support patriotic education, ROTC and JROTC, scouting, monuments and memorials, law and order, and national and homeland security programs.
We invite you to visit and become a member of our chapter. Eligibility includes active duty, veterans, retired and former commissioned and warrant officers of the armed forces, public health service officers, and the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.
Our mission is reflected in our Preamble:
- To cherish the memories and associations of the World Wars waged for humanity;
- To inculcate and stimulate love of our country and flag;
- To promote and further patriotic education in our Nation;
- Ever to maintain law and order, and to defend the honor, integrity, and supremacy of our national government and the constitution of the United States;
- To foster fraternal relations among all branches of the armed forces;
- To promote the cultivation of military, naval, and air science and the adoption of a consistent and and suitable policy of national security for the United States of America;
- To acquire and preserve records of individual services;
- To encourage and assist in the holding of commemorations and the establishment of memorials of the World Wars;
- And to transmit all these ideals to posterity, under god and for our country we unite to establish the MILITARY ORDER OF THE WORLD WARS.
Jesus Beltran, LTC, USA (Retired)
Greater El Paso Chapter MOWW
Our Commander's comments for June are ready!
Upcoming EventsNo upcoming events found