CHANGE OF TIME AND LOCATION FOR 17 AUGUST CHAPTER MEETING
The joint meeting of MOAA and MOWW will be held at 1100, Saturday the 17th at the Centennial Club at Fort Bliss.
Congresswoman Escobar will be the featured speaker.
At the MOWW National Convention of the 100th Anniversary of the establishment of our Order, the Greater El Paso Chapter won first place in the large chapter division for its Law and Order program and its National Security program. The Chapter's National Security program was 1st runner up in the same large chapter division. Congratulations to Paula Mitchell and Buck Hamilton who chaired the winning programs.
Dear Veterans, Active Service, and Friends:
The Military Order of the World Wars (MOWW) is a patriotic Veterans Service Organization whose motto is “It is nobler to serve than to be served.” MOWW was founded by General of the Armies “Blackjack” Pershing in 1919 to promote good citizenship, patriotic education, and military and public service. MOWW chapters provide opportunities to support patriotic education, ROTC and JROTC, scouting, monuments and memorials, law and order, and national and homeland security programs.
We invite you to visit and become a member of our chapter. Eligibility includes active duty, veterans, retired and former commissioned and warrant officers of the armed forces, public health service officers, and the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.
Our mission is reflected in our Preamble:
- To cherish the memories and associations of the World Wars waged for humanity;
- To inculcate and stimulate love of our country and flag;
- To promote and further patriotic education in our Nation;
- Ever to maintain law and order, and to defend the honor, integrity, and supremacy of our national government and the constitution of the United States;
- To foster fraternal relations among all branches of the armed forces;
- To promote the cultivation of military, naval, and air science and the adoption of a consistent and and suitable policy of national security for the United States of America;
- To acquire and preserve records of individual services;
- To encourage and assist in the holding of commemorations and the establishment of memorials of the World Wars;
- And to transmit all these ideals to posterity, under god and for our country we unite to establish the MILITARY ORDER OF THE WORLD WARS.
Jesus Beltran, LTC, USA (Retired)
Greater El Paso Chapter MOWW
Our Commander's comments for August are ready!
I hope everybody is having a good summer and ready to get involved with the upcoming activities that promise to come quicker than expected. This month Laura and I will be attending the national convention in Simi Valley, California. Paula will also attend as she is part of the national staff. This should be interesting as I will meet the commanders of other units as well as the national staff. Speaking of activities, the August Meeting on the 17th, will be a combined MOWW/MOAA function at the Centennial Club at Ft. Bliss. Please contact David Thackston if you are interested in attending. Representative Escobar will be the guest speaker.
In September, we will be honoring our Octo/Nano members. On 5th, we will be conducting our annual Massing Of the Colors at the El Paso Community College Administration building on Viscount. As usual, that requires many members to do different things, so please read the website, newsletters, or better yet attend the staff meetings and luncheons to see how you can help.
The website will give you a full calendar of the rest of the activities for the coming fiscal year. Please attend and get involved.
16 September 2019 05:30 PM Until 07:30 PM
0Monthly Staff Meeting at the Golden Corral Restaurant.
21 September 2019 05:30 PM Until 08:00 PM
0The September Emergency Preparedness and Homeland Security themed meeting will feature Protective Security Advisor Raul Perez as our speaker.